Saturday, April 28, 2012

Maroon 5: My All Time Favourite

when it gets cold outside and ya got nobody to love
you'll understand what I mean when I say there's no way we're gonna give up
and like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams
is there anyone out there cos it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe

It was the very first song I like from Maroon 5, not to mention that their first single of Songs About Jane was This Love, not Harder to Breathe. It's not that I didn't like This Love, but Harder to Breathe made me so in love with Maroon 5!

The first time I ever recognized the band was on MTV. They played the music video of Maroon 5's first single, This Love. But that didn't make me fall for the band, though. Until a friend of mine, Gilang, borrowed me his Songs About Jane (Maroon 5 first album) cassette for me to listen and Harder to Breathe was the very first on the Side A list, and the first song made me a fan of Maroon 5!

There are some songs I favourited in this album, they are: Harder to Breathe, She will be Loved, Shiver, Tangled, The Sun, Must Get Out, Secret, Through with You, Not Coming Home, Rag Doll, Sweetest Goodbye and Sunday Morning. Oh did I just list everything but This Love? Obviously, yes, I'm so in LOVE with all the songs. Not that I don't like This Love, but the other songs have more power for me to love 'em.

Talking about their albums, the second album they composed was It Won't be Soon before Long with Makes Me Wonder as their first single. In this album, the former drummer, Ryan Dusick left the band because of an injury and got Matt Flynn to replace him. If you ever listened to their albums, from Songs About Jane to this, you'll find lots of changes (well, for me, I did) in their music. Songs About Jane was more like blues, jazz, pop rock while in It Won't be Soon before Long, they put some up beats (and so did they put for some songs in their next album, Hands All Over) but that didn't make them uncool. They're still, and always be a cool and magnificent band! By this, they actually prove they can do all kinds of music.

My favourite songs in their second albums are: Won't Go Home Without You, Nothing Last Forever, Kiwi, Back at Your Door, Goodnight Goodnight, Better that We Break, and Infatuation.

So next, Hands All Over. Still the same form with Matt Flynn, but with one additional keyboardist, PJ Morton. Try to listen to these: Give a Little More, Just a Feeling, No Curtain Call, Hands All Over, Get Back in My Life and Never Gonna Leave This Bed. They're the most awesome!

Besides all those, they also perform some singles with other artists like Moves Like Jagger with Christina Aguilera, Out of Goodbyes with Lady Antebellum, If I Never See Your Face Again featuring Rihanna, and the vocalist perform Stereo Hearts with Gym Class Heroes. They also have Woman, original soundtrack of Spiderman 2 (a very easy listening song, Woman) and perform an original sound track for The Hunger Games titled Come Away to the Water. And oh, they also have another album, the remix one.

Na-ah, they talent in the world of music don't stop there. They'll be publishing a new album titled Overexposed with this latest single: Payphone. Listen, and you'll be amazed of their work! And indeed, their work is amazing for winning some awards and get nominated!

So now, after the leaving of Ryan Dusick, I heard that Jesse Carmichael will also leave the band and gonna be replaced by PJ Morton. I was like, WHAT? Who the hell PJ Morton is anyway??? He's only the additional keyboardist and why on earth would Jesse leave the band??? Pfftttt!!!


Still with Ryan Dusick


 
Now with Matt Flynn

No, I won't post them with the new formation of PJ Morton here.
Naaahh.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with ALL that you're saying!!!
I'm a Maroonie too :)
Oya, about PJ Morton, i personally don't like him too, he seems kinda cocky :p
Btw, Jesse has assure that he'll come back to Maroon 5 as soon as he finished his school!

fanyli said...

Hey, hello Ella!
well yea, I think we agreed none ever best replace Jesse :p oh so good to hear that he'll come back around for the band. I thought he's gonna leave the band just like Ryan did :(
Thanks for paying a visit and commenting on my post, by the way ;)