Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Jakarta Model UN 2012 Experience

I was asked by a friend of mine, who was in charged for Jakarta Model United Nations 2012, to be one of Campus Coordinator without any CV to submit (but anyway in the end of it all, the Campus Coordinator Manager asked me to submit my CV in order to fill out the database). From then on, I was the Campus Coordinator (furthermore you'll find this abbreviation as CC) for my institution, Indonesia Banking School.

It was SO hard, you know, to introduce a brand new activity besides banking and economics since this kind of international activity is so International-Relation, so much "diplomacy", which just didn't fit our instituion mission: be a great banker.

I put a lot of effort to attain my own goal as CC: having 2 or more delegates from Indonesia Banking School, therefore people will recognize the existence of Indonesia Banking School who just turned out to be an 8-year-old institution this year.

Anyway, for all of the effort I already gave, I had these guys in return to be the Distinguished Delegates from Indonesia Banking School: Mas Lukito Pakusadewo and I Dewa Made Agung Kertha Nugraha  who passed the selection progress (formerly I had 3 gentlemen who applied: them mentioned above plus Bayu Ramadhan Putra. Somehow Rama didn't pass the selection process. I think that was fine for him since he got that Abang-None stuff to work on).

Luki - Me - Dewa


Though I didn't attend the full conference of three days (I only attend 2 days--4 sessions--while the full conference was held in three days) but I can sum up that IT WAS TOTALLY INTERESTING having myself in a group of smart and critical people who dare to speak up and having themselves to be the attention while they were debating of some international issues. Great moments, great people, great minds, great debate--JUST GREAT.

Well, I too have to say that some times I found myself bored about that Final-Resolution-so-we-can-save-the-world-from-GHG-emission but hell about it. In the end, I find it was all pretty much amazing and somewhat a new experience for me!

From only being a CC and having my own goals, spreading the news out, getting these two gentlemen as delegates, opening ceremony and cultural night (which I couldn't come), conferences, flash mob, committee dinner, city tour through gala dinner, I enjoyed all that. I met new people, got new mind, experienced something I haven't had, had new acquaintances, and yep, got this new topic to write about. Hehe.


At Ragunan Zoo: Tree Planting Act, Social Act, Zoo Tour and Games.
We were having a game here in this photo. It was "picture you and your teammates with a certain animal based on the clue you got"

Yulia - Rizka - Me - Abi (he's a sweet, shy, childish high school student)

Dina (STAN) - Yulia (Politeknik Manufaktur Astra) - Rizka (Politeknik PLN) - Me (Should I elaborate again?)

Some UNFCCC girls

My two gentlemen: Luki and Dewa: Delegate of Slovakia (UN-GA) and Kazakhstan (UNFCCC)

Some of UNFCCC (plus one UN-GA) boys

UNFCCC at the Committee Dinner

UNFCCC after Flash Mob

Me on Flash Mob


I believe there are many other things that I couldn't write all that here in one post, like I met some people with a well-trained British accent (and obviously made me go like ergh-I-want-that-accent-too and how-could-you-speak-such-accent-!), some Laos people, the Malaysian delegate, some people who go abroad to study, some high school fellas (ow yeah I'm so young! \m/), and *uhuk* a little bit of drama. Well in every event I suppose, there'll be some kind of drama. LOL. Anyway, forget it.

Oh, it was also a TOTAL REFRESHMENT after I had my skripsi done and my seminar hasil done! Woohooo!

So, shall I had another MUN? Perhaps abroad?


DELEGATE
DIOFANY HERVILITA
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
UNFCCC




2 comments:

Niken said...

Fanny cantik!!!!!!

fanyli said...

seriously??? kyaaaaa! :$ :$ ;;)
thanks ken you too are pretty ;)