Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Shape is Perfect?

There is no perfection. At least that's what I believe. No perfection, not even close to 99% perfect. Like, for example, a perfect family.

Had a lot to speak about with my best friend since we were high school today, and we were, by accident, talking about family. And I jumped into conclusion that none of us, perhaps others too, were born in a perfect family.

I really think so. I mean, if you take a look on a picture of a happy family, do you really think that each of the members really care for each other? I mean, after all it's only a picture anyway. Who knows what they have gone through behind the picture? Not that they don't care of each other but you can't see the real background of the picture, can you? Just like a person that's never been perfect, family too. The members of the family is a group of person too, anyway. So, hope you got what I mean.

And like a perfect friendship. If in a relationship there are argues, mad, and anger, those also happen in a friendship. Miscommunication, misunderstanding, different opinions or arguments or ideas or principles... sort of it. I think we all have it all gone through. Or perhaps we are now in the middle of the situation.

Not even us. God never creates us, humans, to be perfect. What others will mean if we already been perfect? I mean, He creates us to fulfill each others, right? My bestie I met today talked to me this "kita ini ga sama loh fan, makanya saling melengkapi, makanya cocok." and I should really add "makanya kita sempurna." that sounds a bit chessy but I really think so.
(Anastasia Primasari)

So what is perfectionist to you?

Personally, I don't like the word "perfectionist" since I believe there's nothing perfect and not even close to it. Probably "idealist" will best replace the word.

Perfectionist might be the person who wants everything works by what he/she already planned. High achievements, giving many attention to details, highly spirited and so on. But don't you remember that what unplanned is the best plan? Because we have God to plan. His plan is the most perfect of all. Yet, knowing that there's nothing even close to perfect, I'd say that perfectionist is a highly motivated person who trying their best to stand close to perfect. Which is good. Unfortunately I'm not :/

You said you're an idealist?

I probably am. I have lots of idea here in my mind and they've been working and wandering and walking here and there. Idealist to me is: I have a meeting at 7. So I must be at the venue before 7 with all the ideas and supporting stuff of the meeting ready to use. I prepare everything well so I don't leave a single thing necessary. I don't like the idea of rushing because I forget everything when I rush. And when there's none to help me, I love the idea of being independent and help myself. Yup, that's the meaning of my idealist.

And again, I'm a type of believing that there's nothing perfect and nothing even close to it. The one exist is people who trying their best to achieve it.

On behalf reality, nothing is (close to) perfect.

And if you really know what perfect is, draw me a shape.

5 comments:

auraman said...

your english is perfect, maby you can join with bloofers conversation every saturday. because bloofers using english every saturday :D

Budiman Asady said...

just blog walking here...

:D,

Indah Pasaribu said...

perfect is w/out defect. perfectionist is nature of certain group whose passion is well-prepared, well-designed, well-managed,i thought *including me and you, by chance*. haha // lemme know if it has no relevance :D

fanyli said...

@auramn: whoaa can I?? where shall we meet and talk? :D

@pasaribu: I don't consider myself as a perfectionist, tho, I'm an idealist. But you know what, when I write the part about perfectionist, I got you and a friend of mine in my mind describing perfectly how you two become the real perfectionist in life. LOL

Indah Pasaribu said...

Haha, fan! ive just taken a peek at your blog. haha, yea perhaps the more suitable word to describe such person like thou is IDEALIST. :) thanks for getting me in your mind anyway,