Sunday, July 17, 2011

Destiny Density

OK, I don't know where to start it. oh please, you have passion to write but then you said you don't know where to start it? Gimme a break.

OK, here's the thing. I'm not gonna post such a crybaby post or something again, but well, this post will kinda like autobiography or.. well.. I don't even know what it's like, actually. Whatever.

Well I guess I can start from this point. It was back then when I graduated from High School, I was hoping that I could be a student of Universitas Indonesia and could study International Relation there. Well actually, I have also studied hard to achieve it BUT, my dad didn't want me too. He said what am I going to be, or where am I going to work in the future? Obviously, my dad's kinda ancient. But it was my dream. I mean, I love speaking English, I love meeting new people (I'm a Gemini, I love being in the center of everyone's attention), and I loooooovvveeeee having relationship with partners abroad. But daddy seemed not understand all of this stuff.

Please, daddy, at least open up your mind a little. It's year 2000, not 80s.

Anyway, since my dad didn't give me the money to pay the SNMPTN fee--because I told him I chose International Relation for the SNMPTN instead of Economics or Management, his choice--then I decided just to chill in Indonesia Banking School. IBS. Not a university, because it's quite small and only have 1 faculty (Economics) with two major (Management and Accountancy), and also only have below than 150 students per batch (yes, less than 150 student per batch for both major. can you imagine how shallow it can be?? I know ALL people there. and it's not really fun for me), and sadly, IBS is not really famous. It was established in 2004, I am the 5th batch (2008), although this organization belongs to YPPI of Bank Indonesia, but still, some people would think it's BSI if I told them that I go to IBS--OK this is annoying BSI and IBS? Naaaahh. So instead, I always tell people, from then on, that I go to Indonesia Banking School to study.

The first semester was great. I get along with my classmates of only 22 people. And also the second semester. The third semester was great too, we were being focused on the major we took. I mean, in the first year we were gathered in one class, ignoring the Management or Accountancy study focuses. And starting from the third semester, we were separated to whether Management Class or Accountancy Class. I'm in Management Class, fyi. And in the fourth semester, the darkest moment, uyeeaaa, I got the lowest grade here. Lalala~ However, I fixed it in the fifth semester, and the sixth semester would be my highest grade of all.

But somehow, if I think about it wisely, it wasn't because my daddy's closed minded. It was all destiny. Yup, I think it is. Because if I were an International Relation of Universitas Indonesia student, I wouldn't had such stupid experience with my friends, like going to GJUI without knowing the real date and time; nor would I experienced the very stupid 2 years stuck in 1 stupid man. 1 stupid freaky man. Ack.

How-the hell-ever, I'm sure it is destiny. Destiny, that I met such friendly people, had unforgettable moments, been in an expensive experience, and all that. It is destined that I met this guy, that I friends with them, destined that I have to go through some kind like journey, and just destined, to pass all the things that I already through. Oh what a journey.

Still, I will have to walk on some more journeys. Like having my study finished, for example. Yup, gotta be that one. I had a dream of finishing my study for only 3,5 years, by the way. I already managed it to happen IF I would stick to my plan. But no. Either that's fortunate or UNfortunate, I didn't go as I already planned. Indonesia International Week was outside my plan. Guess what, Opportunity Cost theory is happening to me by now.

Yup. But the cost I paid for such opportunity is worth. Even though I'm like sorry for the whole I-can't-do-in-three-and-a-half-year thing, but I assure you, you don't have anything similar like mine. And that I also realize that, well, 4 years is OK.

Things will go to what it's supposed to. Destiny works.
I guess.

No comments: