Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lesson Your Future Kids Should Learn...

...teach them RESPONSIBILITY.

So I had this terrible story today. It's about two kittens who were abandoned (I don't know exactly, whether they were abandoned by their kitty mum or abandoned by the people who supposed to be their owner). It started two days ago~~

I heard small meows from outside my house. I thought it was kitty meows (and I turned up correct) and I thought 'oh somebody must have these kittens newly born and keep the kittens with them' and 'poor kitties. they must have waited for their mum to be home'. But my thoughts were completely biased. The correct one was: somebody, who happened to be my neighbor, took these two cute and playful kittens from I-don't-know but since those kitties arrived at his home, he couldn't take a real good care of the kittens. Instead of taking the kittens a good care, he just left the kittens in a small box (used as shoes box) in a nearly field, which happened to be just in front of my house.

The next day, it was totally a sunny day. I heard a kitty meows again and that time I tried to find where the sound came from. I found it. A small cat, probably a month old, meowing in kind of help-me-I-can't-get-out in a water sewage. It was very hot, and there was a little cat, inside the water sewage, couldn't get out, hungry, and was suffering from the heat. The other kitty also experienced the same, on the other sewage.

So I got them out from the sewage, brought them to my house, and gave them a small plate of milk (it was Boy's, by the way, my four-year-old cat. And Boy didn't like to share milk with anyone, kittens included). They were so cute and playful. The grey kitty was the most playful than the yellow one since the yellow cat liked to be cuddled instead of playing around. So I cuddled the yellow while I also played with the grey.


They were still playing while enjoying the milk I served.



It was in the day. An hour after, I left them outside to play around while I was away somewhere. I went back home at night and arrived a bit late, around 11.

That was when I felt something was wrong. I didn't see the cats and I also couldn't hear them meows. I wasn't thinking that they were taken back to my neighbor who took them home. So I walked to the field and looked if there's something absurd there. And as I said 'puusss...' a small and light meow came from my left, and it was nothing but a small shoes box, with many rocks upon it.

Can you just imagine how rude that was? Two kittens was inside the small box, which was covered by many hard rocks upon it.

I opened it right away. True. Two small cats were gasping. No air holes were there. My heart was breaking. I got them two out, brought them to my house, gave them the warmest hug, and served them milk. I really wished I could keep them for real but my dad didn't like them (he actually likes cats but I don't know why this time he didn't like it ergh) and they would had been a disaster to Boy's territory. So I kept them outside and planned to give them milk at regular time.

The next morning, I woke up and thought about the kittens right away. No meows, that was strange. Then I got dressed and stepped outside and yup. The kittens. They were inside the box with rocks upon it again. Don't ask me who did it cos I don't know. If I knew I would smack him in the face I swear!

Right then was different. As I pulled over the stones, I called them 'puuuss' but there were no meow to reply. My heart pounded. True. The grey kitty died. The yellow one still gasping for air but he couldn't be saved. I cried. I cursed that human who brought them here and treated them this way. It might sound so crazy but I love cats, just like Prophet Muhammad. I cried, I got mad, I cursed, I was sad.

I took the yellow out from the box, for I saw he's still gasping. I stroke the grey in the head, whispered him a goodbye. As I brought the yellow one to a post nearby (pos satpam, very near to my house too), I left him to look for a help to bury the grey. I wasn't that lucky. None could help and my mum was so busy, she called me back and forth and I had to be there for her.

Finished with my mum, I got back to the post and found Aki, the security, in the post.
"Ki... loh, kucingnya mana?" | "Ki... err, where's the cat?"
"Udah mati. Udah aki kubur tuh disitu." | "He's died. I've buried him there."
*my heart broke, the yellow died...*

"Ki, bisa minta tolong ga? Itu ada lagi yang udah mati, warna abu-abu, di kotak itu. Tolong kuburin, ki." | "Ki can I ask a favor? There's another one died, the grey one, in that box. Could you please bury him?"

After a small chat and a brief explanation about whose cats were those, Aki buried the grey. I thanked him a lot for that.

So this ain't only about cats. This is about being responsible and what's right or wrong. I don't claim what I did was right but I wasn't the one who put cats in tiny, no-air box and covered the box with rocks. And talking about responsibility, yes, you HAVE TO be responsible to anything you deciced to take. Don't flip them away. Teach this to your future kids, please. I don't want another unfortunate cats die the same way.



Aah... kitties... I miss you already...




No comments: