Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Finally-Published Letter Draft

Dear My Future Husband,

Man, you won't regret getting me as your lifetime partner. I've been so ugly far before I met you, then I got prettier (not that I'm 'that' pretty but just better than I was), I cover the beauty I have with this coloured veil. It's all for you. I only want to look pretty for you.

My man, you will be pleased having me as your housewife. I've been given a big responsibility as the first child, the eldest sibling. I am independent. I don't like the idea of being a spoiled girl because it's just not how a big sister behaves.

Even though I cannot guarantee our life will always be happy, but I guarantee I'll try my very best to make our life happy. It's not a guarantee either that we'll have a happy story, but I know we'll write a story of happiness, you and I.

My cooking will never be as good as your mother's, darling. But I want to learn cooking. Our cooking will never stand as equal but I wish it'll be nearly good as your mother's.

Dear, raising our kids will never as easy as we plan. So too building our home: to furnish it with stuff and spirit. It won't be easy too to manage cash. You know what I mean, dear. The ups and downs, as long as you love me, I'll fight for you.


My Dearest Future Husband,

I wish the next Eid we could meet up and celebrate it together. I've been longing for that.


My Lifetime Partner Dear,

Where in the world are you now?


Written: August 18, 2012
The Last Night of Ramadhan.
Syawal 1433 H night eve.
With the wish to be in your arm, my dear future husband.

1 comment:

I Dewa Made Agung Kertha Nugraha said...

That kind of colorful veil fan that you wear everyday, that's mark of piety, is an act of faith, a symbol
for all the world to see how every single muslim woman makes their own heaven for their future husband. keep it up kakaaa hahahaha