Sunday, February 05, 2012

Y = C + S

Hello there.

You know, if you took a Social study on your High School, you would absolutely notice about this simple economics pattern:


where:
Y stands for your Income, C is for Consumption and S is for Savings.

And as we--or probably you who are studying economics--know that economics assumes so damn much, so here I will assume that Y is the amount of money I earn from my dad every month (I will not jot the amount here, uh oh. No.) and C is the amount of consumption I will spend every month; whereas S is... umm... is... ....

S stands for...

uhh...

Okay. I don't save money. There I said that italic.

Well literally I did save money. But my savings go easily for a branded shoes or a branded bag or a branded clothes. On a sale. Like end year sale or you know... sale sale. Because if I bought those stuff on normal price, well, it's just so not economy. You know, spend small - get big, sacrifice a few - earn more. That is the tagline of economics. So basically, that branded bag--even if it's on a sale--makes me have nothing to save.

Economics also taught me about scarcity. Scarcity is a basic economy problem where what you want and what you need is limited to the resources.


The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it

Thomas Sowell


Thus, I realise I always have this one limit that I certainly meet every time I'm on a sale. A budget constraint.

A budget constraint means I'm in a short position. For example like when I went to a shopping centre with a shopping mate of mine (oh yea, with this post I wrote and you are currently reading, I am apparently showing you that... well... I kinda have that shopaholic soul. Kinda. Like a bit of it. Not like I'm a shopaholic shopaholic but I'm just a sort of it. Whatever.) I intended to buy those two things. But in the end I came home with only one stuff just because I couldn't afford those two prices at the same time. I came home with a grin and a sigh.

Sigh.

And for me, I am now proudly assuming that S in that pattern I showed you above stands for SALE!

Yeeaaahhh!! I made my own economics pattern! Yeaaaahhh how cool is that, huh??!! (OK I get it. I'm so lame.)

So, here, lemme explain to you a brand new pattern of economics for a shopaholic shopaholic:



Where:
Y = the money you get from your dad
C = bucks (or in this case, Rupiah) spent for every day meals as you're away from home (ngekos)
and...
S = Shopping or simply, SALE!!!

And please do note that this pattern only available to students.


Yeaahhh!! How cool is that, huh?!! \m/


Yea I'm feeling over-lame. Don't you dare stare at me like I'm the poorest and the lamest and the most over-ngenes lady in the entire world, okay.



Why am I even doing this economics-related post? I believe this is the side effect that I'm going to write my very own final thesis. And umm... I don't know. The idea of writing such a post just crossed my mind like... BUZZ! and I write this quite smooth. And I really want to deliver some value to my readers, not only a story of mine. So... I hope you'd enjoy. Hehe :D

No comments: